FAQ Intrebari Frecvente
FAQ Intrebari Frecvente
Which hair transplant technique is best?
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant) are the main methods for the hair transplant. But FUE considers as the advanced method of FUT, it does not leave scars (which is important), it is not painful as FUT. But the final natural results are almost the same.
When hair transplant can be done?
Generally, everyone above the age of 18 can have a hair transplant procedure. But must have a surgeon consultant first, because If the donated hair for a person is still affected by the hormone DHT, it means the hair will continue to fall down. Therefore, it is possible that some of the newly transplanted hair may fall down over the years.
Why hair transplant fails?
The most critical reason for the failure of the hair transplant is due to the desiccation of the hair graft. This occurs because the hair graft stays for a long time outside the body between the extraction phase (from the donor area) and the transplanting phase (to the recipient area).
Can hair transplant cause death?
The recommended number of hair grafts to transplant in 1 session is between 3700 – 4100. More than that can cause side effects and risk against the patient’s life such as anaphylactic shock. Besides, using a high dosage of local anesthesia for over 7 hours procedure can cause life-threatening.
Why hair transplant is expensive?
Yes, Hair transplant procedure considered the best permanent solution for hair loss problems. the healthy unaffected with hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT) hair graft that is the most resistant to the progression of baldness will transfer from the donor area to transplant into thin or baldness area (recipient area).
What is FUE hair transplant?
Follicular Unit Extraction. known by (FUE). In this method, the hair grafts will extract from the donor area (backside of head), and transplant in the recipient area (baldness area).
What is Hair Transplantation?
It is transferring the healthy unaffected with hormone DiHydroTestosterone (DHT) hair grafts from a specific unaffected part of the scalp (that is most resistant to the progression of baldness) called The “Donor Area”. And transplant into a thin or baldness area “Recipient Area“.
What are the main techniques used for FUE Hair Transplant Procedure?
There are Three techniques as the following: (1) Classic FUE hair transplant, or known for others by “Soft FUE”. A steel blade tool with a specific dimension used in this technique. (2) Sapphire FUE hair transplant. A blade made by sapphire with a specific dimension used in this technique. (3) DHI hair transplant, or Choi Implant Pen used in this technique.
What is Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant?
Sapphire is not a method for hair transplantation. It is a technique to form the microchannels in the recipient area during hair transplant procedure. This technique integrated with the FUE hair transplantation method, to form accurate harmonized microchannels within a square centimeter to implant the extracted hair grafts in the recipient area. This technique used a special medical tool contain a crystal sapphire blade.
What is the difference between Sapphire and FUE?
A blade made by crystal sapphire will be used in Sapphire hair transplantation instead of normal steel blades used in FUE hair transplantation. Using the sapphire blade will increase the number of forming microchannels within 1 cm2 which will increase the density of transplanted hair, and will decrease the scars which will accelerate the recovery period.
What are the Advantages of Sapphire FUE hair Transplantation?
(1) Reduce the vibration during forming the microchannels. (2) Reduce the risk of complications, such as scalp tissue damage and trauma. (3) Increase the number of microchannels created within 1 cm2 in the recipient area. (4) Increase the density of the resulting hair even for patients having an advanced level of hair loss. (5) Reduce the possibility of changing the angle of growth direction for the transplanted hair grafts.
What are the Disadvantages of Sapphire FUE hair Transplantation?
(1) The leak of the number of microchannels formed by this technique due to the leak of doctor experience. (2) The hair transplant procedure time will take a little longer due to the high number of microchannels created by this technique. (3) Possibility of having infections due to the leak of sterilizing of the sapphire blade in fraudulent/fake clinics.
What is DHI hair transplant procedure?
DHI is not a method for hair transplantation. It is a technique used special injector called Choi Pen to implant the hair graft directly to the recipient area without the need for a step of forming the microchannels. By using Choi Pen, the microchannels will be form and the hair graft will implant directly.
Why DHI is not recommended for hair grafts with double hair or more?
For two main reasons, (1) the possibility of breaking or cramming the hair grafts during the implanting even when using a big size of the injector needle. (2) the density per 1 cm2 for transplanted hair grafts containing two or more grafts will be less because by DHI the microchannels will have circle shape which will take more space compared with other techniques that will form microchannels with a rectangle shape.
Why DHI is not recommended to have high density of hair?
(1) The chance of implanting hair grafts in small space of baldness will be less than other techniques especially without shaving the hair in the recipient area because the opportunity of harming the original hair will be high. (2) the transplant area per 1 cm2 will decrease when using DHI to implant hair grafts containing two hair or more.
Why DHI hair transplant is expensive?
Because of using disposable injectors (Choi Pen) with different sizes to implant the extracted hair grafts to the recipient area of the scalp. Some clinics offer this technique at a low price because they re-sterilize the Choi Pen to use it again with other patients. This is NOT recommended because it is made to use one time only.
what is the difference between DHI and Sapphire in hair transplant?
(1) The time of staying hair grafts out of the body during the procedure by DHI technique is less than Sapphire technique. (2) Opportunity to have high density of transplanted hair grafts containing two hair or more per 1 cm2 by using Sapphire is higher than using DHI technique. (3) Formation of microchannels with right direction of hair growth can be determined accurately by Sapphire than DHI technique.
What are the advantages of DHI hair transplantation?
(1) The angle and direction of each hair graft can determine easily. (2) Using Choi pen will reduce bleeding. this will help to reduce the recovery period. (3) Recipient area does not need to shave. Therefore, it is more suitable for women. (4) Hair grafts will implant directly into the recipient area. This will reduce the remaining time outside of the body. Therefore, the hair root will stay strong and healthy.
What are the disadvantages of DHI hair transplantation?
(1) The cost is higher than other techniques. (2) The density within 1 cm2 of transplanted hair grafts containing double hair and more is less than Sapphire technique. (3) DHI is not recommended to implant hair grafts containing double hair or more. (4) DHI must be carried out by an experienced doctor to avoid harming the original hair in recipient area.
What is PRP treatment?
Platelet Rich Plasma is a concentrated plasma of blood that prepare from patient blood by laboratory procedures. PRP treatment can enhance hair restoration. Besides, PRP can activate and accelerate the growth process of the newly transplanted hair, stop or decrease losing hair and thickening the existing original hair.
When can I have PRP treatment?
As long as PRP treatment is not a medicine and it is prepared from your blood, for that, there is not any age limits or restrictions to use this treatment. But generally, PRP is recommended to use for any person over the age of 16 if necessary, at least once a year. Otherwise, you have to ask your doctor if you are under 16 years old.
Does PRP safe?
Yes, as long as the PRP solution prepared by taking a blood sample from the patient. For that, it is a safe treatment that can help to accelerate the growth process for the newly transplanted hair. As well as, it can help to strengthen, increase the thickness and decrease losing hair.
Does PRP help to stop losing hair?
The results of PRP treatment differ between persons depending on many factors. But as long as the PRP solution contains growth factors that can trigger cell proliferation. And as a result, it can accelerate healing and stimulate tissue regeneration in the related area. For that, PRP treatment can decrease losing hair up to 90%. And in many cases, PRP treatment had successes to stop losing hair.
Does PRP help to re-growing the losing hair?
There aren't researches that approve fallen hair can 100% grow up again by PRP treatment. Some study cases show that fallen hair grows up again for few persons after PRP treatment. But the growth rate was not 100%. For that, scientists assuming that PRP treatment may help to restore and grow up the fallen hair up to 20 % for some persons under certain conditions.